The Department of commerce (S. F), St. Stephen's College, Uzhavoor started academic functioning in the year 2014.At present there are four faculty members in the department. The Department has recorded very good academic results since its inception. In order to keep pace with recent trends, various specializations and certificate Programmes were also made part of the curriculum. Since its inception, the department is marching forward with more and more strength and enthusiasm with the support of committed teachers and students.
1. On 29/06/2019, Students who completed the course in MS Excel was given certificates by Enbridge Institute of Management and Technology.
2. On 15/07/2019, Subject updating seminar by II B. Com was held on the subject GST
3. Association inauguration and welcome to freshers was held on 25/07/2019. Vipul Kumar, Assistant Professor Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore inaugurated the event.
4. Certificate course in Microsoft Excel for III B. Com students was organized by the department in association with ENBRIDGE institute of management & Technology.
5. On 29/07/2019, Freshers Day for 1st B.com students were organized by III B.com students.
6. Onam Celebration was held on 6th September 2019. The students of the department actively participated in all the events and they won prizes in various individual and group events.
7. Bridge Course in Fundamentals of Accounting for I B. Com Students was started on 13th September 2019. Ms. Divya Vinod, Faculty member is handling the sessions.
8. Subject updating seminar by II B. Com students on the topic Derivatives was held on 11/10/2019.
9. A class was arranged on Online Trading for II B. Com students on 22th October 2019. Sri. Venkata Sriharsha was the resource person.
10. Career Guidance Class by Globesta Auditors and Accountants.
11. Subject updating seminar by I B. Com on the topic E. Commerce
12. III B. Com Students Tour on 19-11-2019 to Koorg, Chikmangalore, Malpe
13. Career Guidance class for III B. Com students by Eminent Unique Institute of Management.
14. Industrial Visit for II B. Com Students.
15. On 27/02/2020, Students of II B. Com organized farewell for III B.com Students.
16. Subject updating seminar by III B. Com students on the topic Human Right was held on 11/19/2020