Subject: CONSTRUCTION OF LADIES’ HOSTEL FOR ST.STEPHEN’S COLLEGE UZHAVOOR
1) Sealed tenders are invited in the prescribed format from qualified contractors for execution of civil work for the above as per following details:
Earnest Money Deposit : 1% of the value of tender as Demand draft drawn in favour of “PRINCIPAL, ST.STEPHEN’S COLLEGE, UZHAVOOR” payable at UZHAVOOR
Period of Completion : 12 months from the date of Work order
Validity of Tender : 30 days
Last date of submission of Tender : Up to 2.30 p.m. on 23/3/2017
Tender Date & Time of opening : 23/3/2017 at 3.00 p.m
The tender document can be obtained from the college office on payment of Rs.2300/- (nonrefundable) by cash or DD in favour of Principal, St. Stephen’s College, Uzhavoor. The Tender should be, submitted in original, duly stamped, and sealed in tender document supplied in all respects described in contract & as shown in drawings forming part of the contract.
2) The tenderer must use only the tender forms issued for the purpose to fill in the rates. Tenderers are advised not to make any alteration/modification in the tender documents, Item of work or in any respect whatsoever. Violation of this requirement will make the Tender liable for rejection any of the documents not so signed will be subjected to rejection.
3) The St. Stephen’s college Uzhavoor shall not be bound to accept the lowest Tender and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the tenders with proper reason.
4) This notice inviting tenders, the conditions of tender and the duly completed form of tender etc. will form part of the Agreement to be executed by the successful tenderer with the college. Tender submitted without EMD will be treated as incomplete and the same will be rejected out rightly. The EMD shall be strictly in the form of Pay Order / Demand Draft in the name of Stephen’s college Uzhavaoor.
5) No Cheques will be accepted on account of EMD. Tenders submitted with the cheque as EMD will be treated as incomplete and will be rejected.
INSTRUCTION WITH REGARD TO SUBMISSION OF TENDER
1) Rates for the tender should be quoted in figures in columns specified. All erasures and alterations made while initials of the tenderer must attest filling the tender. Overwriting of figures is not permitted.If there is difference in the rate quoted in figures and words,the rate quoted in words will be taken into consideration. Failure to comply with either of these conditions will render the tender invalid and it will be the option of College to accept or reject the tender. No request of any change in rate or conditions after opening of the tender will be entertained.
(a) The “Rate" Column wherever applicable to be legibly filled in ink in figures.
(b) The "Amount" Column also to be legibly filled in ink in figures .
(b) All corrections to be initialed.
(c) No over writing is allowed.
2) Errors in the bill of quantities shall be dealt with in the following manner.
a. In the event of an error occurring in the amount column of the bills of quantities as a result of the wrong extension of the unit rate and the quantity, the unit rate shall be
regarded, as firm and extension shall be amended on the basis of the rates.
3) The tender shall be signed and dated at all places provided therein. Also all pages, drawings and corrections / alterations shall be initialed. The tender submitted on behalf of a firm shall be signed by all the partners of the firm or by a partner who has the necessary authority on behalf of the firm to enter into the proposed contract. Otherwise the tender may be rejected by the College.
4) The time allowed for completion of works is 12 months from the date of commencement of the work is reckoned from the tenth day from the date of Letter of Intent. Time shall be considered the essence of contract.
5) Every tender shall be accompanied by earnest money of 1% of the total cost Rs-------/- (Rupees -----------only) by way of Demand Draft/Pay Order only ,favouring , Principal, St.Stephen’s College, Uzhavoor.
College, Uzhavoor, payable at Uzhavoor. Tender submitted without earnest money shall be summarily rejected.
6) The Earnest Money will be retained in the case of the successful tenderer as part of the security for due fulfillment of the Contract. No interest shall be paid on this deposit. Failure to enter into the Contract agreement within the stipulated time of 7 days from the date of acceptance of work order shall entail the forfeiture of the Earnest money Deposit. The Earnest money of unsuccessful tenderers will be released after issue of work order, without any interest.
7) The tenderer shall submit his tender after carefully examining the whole of the tender document and the terms and conditions of contract, the drawings and specifications, the schedule of quantities etc, and also after examining the site and conditions prevailing in and around site.
8) The College does not bind himself to accept the lowest or any tender and reserve to them the right of accepting the whole or any part of the tender and tenderer is bound to perform the same at the rates quoted. The College will not be bound to accept the lowest tender and reserves the right to accept or reject any or the entire tender without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
9) Tenders shall remain valid for a period of 30 days from the date of opening of the tender which period may be extended by mutual agreement and the tenderer shall not cancel or withdraw the tender during the initial validity period of 30 days.
10) The successful tenderer shall be bound to implement the Contract and mobilize within 7 days from the date of acceptance of work order.
11) The tender drawings exhibited/enclosed are preliminary drawings intended for the guidance of the Contractor only. They may be subject to revision and alteration without vitiating any of the terms of the contract and the Contractor shall be bound to execute the works as shown on the final drawings without claiming any extra payment.
12) Conditional tenders will be summarily rejected.
PIN: 686 634
For Tender Form and Details
send request to email@example.com